31 December 2008

A Public Apology to the People of Seattle

So, you should understand that it's been quite cold in Bournemouth. No snow, but that's simply due to a lack of rain mixed with the below freezing temperatures. Pair with this a strong wind chill coming right off the water and it gets a little nippy. Also, there's the fact that the British are not inherently afraid of natural temperatures like the Americans are - between central heating and air conditioning, it's easy in the States to never have a clue about the outside temperature. No so much here, where the MA room - despite best efforts - is permanently set on "cold fan and these crazy Europeans who seem content being whatever temperature it "is". 


So... I *may* have mentioned... a few times... that I'd be happy to get back to Seattle where it's ... (ahem) warm. Where's it's never this cold, absolutely never. And, in answer to the question posed, it never ever snows

While sitting in Heathrow, waiting for my plane to start loading, I overheard people chatting about the current weather in Seattle. "A foot of snow?!" I snorted incredulously. "In the 23 years I've lived there, I don't think I've ever seen more than a few inches, and those pretty much only ever after January". Foot of snow, indeed. Bah.

No comments: