13 November 2008

SUCCOR! SUCCOR! He will be my SUCCOR!



So, Songs of Praise is apparently filming at St Stephan's (sister church to St Peter's just down the road, though looking up St. Stephan's on their map suggests that it's quite close by... I think...) this weekend - granted, I only know the show through it coming to Dibley (see above - and do also look up part two and three to finish up the episode - the final big joke is just amazing), but I think I shall wander down and check it out come Saturday. If I find out that I'm going to be on the tele, I'll let you all know. :)
That said, I looked through their website to see what else was coming up at St. Stephan's and very nearly vomited into my mouth a little: two Saturdays from this one, they're having a movie night in the church. Please remember, this is a GORGEOUS late Victorian gothic church, with steeple, bells, stained glass, the whole nine yards - yet they're having a movie night. The movie? Mamma Mia. Yes, that Mamma Mia. With Colin Firth prancing about in an ABBA costume and Pierce Brosnan digesting huge chunks of scenery. But it gets better - what, oh what snacks could they provide to go along with this movie night? Digestives? Tea? Cake? Nope. (Brace yourself) Wine and hot dogs. Yes, I said it. Wine AND hot dogs.
There is no hope for humanity. I'm pretty certain Mamma Mia, wine, and hot dogs are one of the signs of the apocalypse.

No comments: